Power brake booster and master cylinder mounted on the frame.
It’s been a little while since an update. Unfortunately we have been busy with other jobs in the shop and the Caddy has been on the back burner for a couple weeks, but we will hopefully make some progress this week.
I ended up ordering some Scarebird brackets for the front last week, although I wasn’t thrilled with the odd mis-match of parts recommended for use with the brackets. I have been doing a little research and picking up some parts here and there to test fit to make it more appealing to my taste. Today, I was finally able to bolt everything up and see if setup worked with the brackets or not.
Finally got the new engine & trans up to school over spring break with the help of a couple of students. Also started mocking up the brake system.
Got the new coil spring isolators in so I could finally start putting the front suspension back together. One side done so far. New sump for the gas tank arrived this week. Finished getting the tank prepped this week, should have the sump welded in by Friday, then new paint to follow. New 1957 Chevy…Details
We got the floor pans completely stripped bare and painted with rust encapsulator, not that it needed it since nearly everything came up rust free, but I figured why not. Next step will be undercoating, then the body can go back on the chassis.
Started a little of the body work this week after school with some of the students. I went in today to finish up the welding so we could continue on cleaning and hopefully painting and undercoating the floor pans this week. I never did take any good “before” pictures of the twisted up rocker, but…Details